THOUGHT FOR TODAY
The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.
Good morning everyone,
1) Get $6000 in SLA's to MSA & schedule client review. Monthly $690 puts us back even in the long term game after after April 1 billing changes. Project opens up bigger opportunities.
http://expertdatalabs.com/EDL_BeaverCountyCloudComputing.html Pittsburgh Cloud Computing
At first glance, VMware’s cloud strategy can be difficult for MSPs and VARs to get their arms around. And this week’s VMware Partner Exchange conference will generate a lot of noise from scores of VMware cloud partners. But what do aspiring partners really need to know? I think I can sum-up VMware’s cloud strategy in roughly four sentences…
Here they are:
- First, VMware has signed up more than 1,000 members — including telecom, hosting and service providers — to back the company’s vCloud effort.
- Second, VMware is promoting vSphere for infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
- Third, VMware is positioning SpringSource for platform as a service (PaaS).
- And forth, VMware is gearing up to position Zimbra (the recently acquired open source email system) for software as a service (SaaS) partners.
The graphic below, from VMware CTO Steve Herrod, quickly summarizes VMware’s cloud strategy:
Can VMware (and VMware partners) cash in on the cloud?
No doubt, plenty of MSPs are jumping on the VMware cloud bandwagon. Earlier today, BlueLock — an MSPmentor 100 company — announced BlueLock CloudSuite, which leverages the VMware vCloud technology. Meanwhile, nScaled (an MSP that promotes a Legal Cloud for attorneys), is working closely with VMware, Rackspace, FalconStor and Vyatta. For its part, FalconStor appears to be preparing a storage-centric partner program for MSPs.
The VMware Partner Exchange conference kicked off earlier today in Las Vegas. We’ll be tracking more news throughout the week.